From:
Kathy Gallagher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Aug 2000 09:40:17 -0400
>From:    Lori Crosland <[log in to unmask]>
>I was also wondering if anyone had comments on the Silver Mitt's.  I am
>considering adding another ferret and am considering the Silver Mitt.

While some ferrets have problems with the Wardensburg gene causing problems
in some of the lighter colored ferrets, not all light colored ferrets have
health problems

We have 4 in residence right now.  All are young and healthy, hear well and
learn quickly.  I had a deaf silver mitt, who died of adrenal last year, 3
others not, silver mitts develop adrenal problems in their old age.

Husky is a big Teddy bear face boy.  Huggable and kisses.  Tarot is a big
girl, with a black nose.  She was abandoned before we took her in, she
remains nippy with strangers and terrified to leave the house.  Suki was
born here, she is so dark she looks almost black.  A fairly sweet tempered
girl.  Willie came in this week, a sweet tempered boy, under weight and
wobbly.  Doing better after a couple of good meals in him.  May be
suffering from a blockage and is off to the vet's today.

KG