From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Nov 1999 23:05:22 -0500
Gentle People,

Angel's story was not written to draw attention to my shelter, rather to
get people to stop and think about all of the Angels and old timers at all
the shelters.

Angel could be residing at Ferret Haven, North Coast Ferret Shelter, Ferret
Sense, Ferrets Unlimited F.S., or any of 100 others.  The one in your city,
in your state, in the next state.

I don't want people to think any time I post I am looking for glory or a
that a girl, or for people to dig into their pockets.  (I am not going to
lie, all shelters need funds, food and essentials, but I don't want people
to think that is all shelters want from them.)  I want people to stop and
think about how they can help, how they can make a difference, even if it
is to place one ferret, one old ferret.

Every shelter mom has cried rivers over those we have lost.  Gotten too
late, didn't think we had done enough, we are plagued with what if,
could if.

If Angel's letter moved you, and you have the room, adopt an old timer, if
you can't adopt, and want to help financially, find the shelter closest to
you and help them.

If we all work together, maybe the shelters can be ferretless in the year
2000.  Here is hoping.

Hug them all for me.

A shelter Mom & Angel

PS She is getting better.  Bone crunching bites are now turning to just
very hard nips.  There is hope!

I have made several choices running a shelter, and yes when one is willing
to listen on a bad day, I will whine.  Just like my friend in Texas who
asked how are you on the wrong day.  Sometimes just getting things off your
chest helps and you go on.