From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Dec 1999 21:50:45 -0800
During the holiday season, we have had family members staying with us.  It
seems some of them have been observing the routine around here and good
naturedly making comments about the fact that they don't believe I'm aware
that things are not really "normal." So, I asked them for examples - here
are some of them.

1. They don't think it's normal to have a soccer ball in the tupperware
   cupboard.

Hey, that's where the white fuzzy one thinks the ball belongs, and if you
put it anywhere else, he doesn't rest until it's put away in the tupperware
cupboard.  I don't even notice it in there anymore.

2. They think it's strange that when I need my keys, I go straight to the
   bottom drawer of the overnight stand, pull the drawer out, and grab my
   keys.

Why would I look in my purse?

3. They don't understand why there's a ball and kibble in the bottom
   drawer in my bathroom where the hairdryer and curling iron used to be.

What's strange?  Since Sparky came to live with us, she enjoys HELPING me
get ready for work in the morning, and she likes to have a snack and roll
the ball around in the drawer.

4. The duck soup really seems to bother them.  The tupperware container in
   the refrigerator they believe is bad enough, but brown ice cubes in the
   freezer seems to really offend them.  In fact, they believe that I am so
   nonchalant about the soup that they expect any day now, they will find
   me eating it with a spoon while the little ones lap it up off the
   saucer.

Actually, I admit, I have thought about it.  When Rusty came to us, his
fur really looked like the Budweiser ferret's fur.  After feeding him soup
every night, his fur and body are gorgeous.  So, I do wonder what it could
do for me ...

5. They asked me if I realize that a couple times a day, I walk around
    with a box of Kleenex and a container and pick things out of the
    strategically placed litter boxes while carrying on conversations
    with whoever is in the room.

Well, the litter boxes don't flush, and who likes to use an unflushed
toilet.

6. They also asked if I realize that when I'm on the telephone, I am
   usually holding a little fishing pole with a little fuzzbutt attached
   to the fish at the other end.

Fuzzbutts are just like kids; you get on the phone and they immediately
want your attention.  If you don't give them something to do, they'll find
a way to get your IMMEDIATE attention.

7. When I cook, they notice that I'm at the stove stirring with one arm
   and cradling a fuzzy body with the other arm.

Now wait a minute; I must have been busier than I thought - I almost never
do that.  When a fuzzy body scratches at my leg and wants to be cuddled, I
always stop what I'm doing and cuddle.  Cuddle time is just too precious to
be shared with anything else.

8. All bottom drawers in the house seem to contain soft materials that
   turn into warm sleeping places.

What do they think bottom drawers are for?

9. The trash cans in the bathrooms are up on top of the cabinets.

Well, the big tall trash cans with UNREMOVEABLE lids don't fit under the
sink.

These people just don't know what they're missing!!  Hope everyone has
happy holidays.

Posted anonymously to protect the innocent in CA
[DH]