From:
"Kris Aaron-Benedum (and S. & S.)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Aug 1996 11:16:51 -0500
Regarding William Killian's reply to "Linda E. Langve"
>Subject: MF ferrets
>There isn't any real difference between ferrets destined for labs and those
>destined for pet stores.  "Pretty" colors are probably more likely to go as
>pets since labs don't care about color.

*Why* are these wonderful little fuzzbutts sent to labs?  What do the labs
do to them?  What tests are run on ferrets?  Are they painful?  Is there a
reason for it?  Would anyone on this Digest want to see a fuzzbutt harmed in
any way?  Are we supposed to believe "scientists" when they say the torture
of animals is necessary for medical progress?

*PLEASE* say it isn't so!!
Rainey & Stormin