From:
Debbie Hunton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Mar 1999 10:07:28 -0500
>Know about DUCK SOUP???  It is absolutely essential to the long term
>potential survival of a ferret in your care.  If you do not know about
>it, ask on the FML and you will be sent everybody's favorite rendition
>of it.  Pick your own or make up your own from the excellent
>recommendations you will receive.  But find one now, while your ferret
>is well.

Excellent recommendation.  Having heard this on the FML right after I
joined, I found that my little girl would eat kibble softened and mashed
with orange pedialyte.  When she got sick 8 months later, I was *so* glad
that I at least knew one soft food she liked.  I would also suggest that
you make it for your ferrets every couple of months so that they stay used
to it, and it becomes almost a treat for them.

As for recipes, I have put a collected list on the web at:
http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Estates/5410/DuckSoup.html and would
love to add more recipes if anyone has any to suggest.

For those of you with sick fuzzies, my heart goes out to you, and my
wishes for quick recoveries for your little ones.

Debbie & Jim
Pixie (The one in charge)