From:
"Diane E. Emery" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Jul 1995 08:44:59 -0600
Im not sure about the hearing of ALL ferrets but Rocket (our 1 yr old sable
male) has incredible hearing-when he wants to!Just this morning we were in
the bathroom together getting ready for work and the coffee started
percolating in the kitchen. Well, Rocket stopped playing with his scrunchie
and ran into the kitchen to investigate, he seemed quite confused over the
whole thing. He can hear a raisin can shake from three rooms away, he can
hear you open the refridgerator from a dead sleep and as soon as the
bedroom door opens (a no ferret zone) he runs at mock 10 to get in. But,
when its time for bed, he doesnt hear us yelling to him at the top of our
lungs! Oh, no, he cant hear THAT well!!

Diane and Alex and Rocket (Huh? What'd you say Ma?)