Date:
Thu, 23 Oct 1997 20:05:59 -0400
Jasmine, our two-year-old, is showing some borderline adrenal symptoms.  Her
coat is scraggly and she has balding spots on her front "knees." We are
thinking of getting the adrenal blood test done, but we're hesitant because
when we used the test before, the results were not accurate.  Jerry's test
was borderline, with the recommendation to retest in 6 months.  Despite
these results, Dr. Weiss recommended surgery because of Jerry's symptoms.
The pathology report showed that Jerry had adrenal carcinoma.

I'm interested in hearing from veterinarians and people with multiple
ferrets about their experience with this blood test.  How accurate is it?
Is our experience unusual, or is the test often wrong?

Clare Sebok