Date:
Mon, 18 Dec 2000 22:28:15 -0600
Hello everyone,

Fang didn't need a blood donor after all.  We worked very hard to locate
one; had it ready just in case......but the day had a surprise for us:
The vet opened him up all ready to do a nodulectomy and a left
adrenal...this is what we thought.

But his little liver had a big cancerous tumor wrapped around it, with
little tumors starting on his spleen.  We think the original insulinoma
just spread into his whole body this year.  His left adrenal was enlarged,
also, but it wouldn't have made any sense to put him through the removal.

His little body doesn't have much time; maybe a month the vet said, but
we are hoping for more days than that to share our love with him.  His
pancreas wasn't that bad...his BG had been low again, so he has been on
pred.  His BG reading today was 120, in the normal range.  It doesn't
matter, though, anymore.... all that worry about his nodulectomy surgery,
and here is this big tumor (soft the vet said, so we didn't detect it by
feeling him.)

Now we have to watch for Fang to tell us when he is ready to go.  Either
by a swollen prostate causing pain (not too bad looking yet; just slightly
enlarged prostate), or by the tumor tearing away from the liver and tearing
an artery at the same time.

all I know is we won't let him suffer.  When he goes off his food and loses
his love for mornings and another day, we will help him to the bridge.  I
don't think I can ever go through this again.  His being an only furchild
all this time, there are no others to occupy my heart, and I can't replace
my baby.

I feel so bad.

love, lizzi and little Fang , who will live to see his last Christmas.