From:
HannahBelle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Apr 2009 07:11:53 -0700
Yesterday we took in two ferrets from a teenage girl who couldn't
really care for them any more. We are already at our limit with three
boys, but we agreed to foster the kids. Sadly, we are their 9th home.
Their 10th home really needs to be their last! They've suffered abuse
in the past, before they came to this girl that was thoughtful enough
to call us; the little female, Lily, was never let out of her cage, and
the boy, Diesel, had pot smoke blown in his face. Despite this, they
are just well-adjusted, sweet, and very people-oriented (they actually
wanted attention more than playtime yesterday)!

I'm making an educated guess as to their ages and from what little info
I can glean from their former homes on this island. Diesel is around 2
and Lily is around 4 (she certainly doesn't act it, and can wardance
with the best of them)! We are getting them to the vet to get them UTD
on shots... I don't think they've ever even set foot inside a vet's
office.

Pictures are here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/justinluv/sets/72157617097481524/

They are great with cats and dogs, must go together, and do not come
with a cage. I'm out on Vinalhaven island (Rockland/Rockport/Thomaston
area) but I can transport within the state within reason.

Thanks!
Hannah/justinluv