Date:
Thu, 14 Dec 2006 12:03:46 EST
I'd make a calculated guess that you saw a mongoose. They are not
related to ferrets but they sure to do look similar! The Inidan
mongoose is a renowned cobra killer. Remember the mongoose in The
Jungle Book? We saw any number of these interesting little animals
when we were in Hawaii last year.

Here's a site to take a look and see if this is what you saw! It's
pretty interesting and does mention the mongoose in Hawaii.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mongoose

Barb and her 4 whirling dervishes....Cher,  Jake, Sam and Tess

No one in the world needs a mink coat but a mink. - Murray  Banks
Animals can communicate quite well.  And they do.  And generally
speaking, they are ignored.  - Alice Walker
Hunt each other -  leave the animals alone.