From:
Yuki Busch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Nov 1995 08:09:33 -0700
Dear FMLers,

I just want to share what we saw a couple of nights ago.  Our 7-year-old
sable female, Nuke, finally started eating on her own.  Mike even caught
her eating a few pellets of Ferret chow.

Nuke caught Green Diarrhea at the beginning of August, and was quickly over
it.  However, she has suffered from severe anorexia since then.  She was a
selective eater even before.  After the green slimies, I had to force feed
her with modified Ferret Soup 4 to 5 times a day when I fed Swamp.  She
refused, struggled, squirmed and ground her teeth.  She even came to
dislike linatone.  I've read on the FML that it sometimes takes two months
for ferrets to start eating on their own.  (I remember the worst case was 2
years.) We almost concluded that she would stay this way until she dies.

Suddenly a change came and it was a good one.  To those whose ferrets are
suffering from ECE-related anorexia, please do not give up.  Keep feeding
them with whatever they will take.  It may take a long time, but they will
start eating on their own agains.

Yuki and Mike Busch, Fort Collins, Colorado
3 wonderful fuzzies (Nuke Skyjacker, Sneaker and Socks)
and 2 bouncy furries over the rainbow bridge (Swamp and Mythril)