From:
"HARRISON,REGINA,MS" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Nov 1995 10:10:26 EST
My worst SND incident happened the very day I brought Amelia home from the
pet shop.  I carried her hoome in a cardboard box with airholes punched in
it.  On the walk from the pet shop to the Metro, she was quite noisy trying
to get out, but once on the nice warm Metro (this was early December) she
quieted down-- too quiet!  All the way home I kept fighting the impulse to
open the box and make sure she was ok.  Every- body else on the train kept
their distance from the crazy woman talking to her cardboard box...  So, I
arrived home and carefully opened the box on the living room floor.  Amelia
was all curled up, but I couldn't really tell whether she was breathing or
not.  I tried talking to her to wake her up, but of course this had no
effect.  So, I picked her up carefully and-- her head just rolled backwards
off of my hand and I thought OMG I've broken her neck somehow-- then just
as I was about to throw myself out the window she woke up, yawned, took
over my life and began creating the sort of mayhem that only a two month
old ferret can create.  There's nothing on earth that sleeps quite like a
sleeping ferret.  Except maybe underwater Imus.

Shua, the Lesser Known Fourth Warner-- you have one of the most elegant
sigs I have ever seen.  Just wanted to say it.

And Bob-- ROFL from your mink story-- what a variation on "if life gives
you lemons, make lemonade"-- "if minks pierce your ears, put in
earrings!"

Regina, trying to train Amelia to grade midterms for her
Amelia, gleefully interpreting this to mean she can burrow thu piles of
papers and mix them all up-- "sorry, undergrads, but my ferret hid your
midterms"