From:
Brenda Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 May 2013 08:44:48 -0400
Daisy and I have been pawing at some ideas. We feel our newsletter is
a great way to let folks know what is going on at the Shelter. It does
tell some about the helpers we have who keep us going. Daisy and I
decided that we have heard Mum say these words so many times it was
time for us to tell some other stories about the helpers themselves!

Mum's words are this. "Ferrets are my love, my life and my passion! I
get to do what I love because of all the Shelter supporters. I have
the easy job. I get to care for and love on all the fur kids that come
through our doors. The supporters have the hard part, helping us keep
our shelter running smoothly."

Daisy and I are going to conduct interviews; we are going to shine a
light on the folks who make it possible for Mum to do what she loves
to do! We hope you will enjoy meeting and getting to know these folks
as much as we enjoy having them a part of our lives! Sarah and Daisy

So Miss Janette we understand that you are Squiggles far away mom.
Where do you live?

I live in West Henrietta, NY

How did you happen to find our shelter and what made you decide to
help our Mum take care of us and support Squiggles specifically?

Oh my....I can't even remember the year...we were driving by and saw
the sign...stopped and even though the Shelter was not open, Mum opened
her doors to us. Since I am on the Board I felt I should be a sponsor
(not that I didn't want to be)...so I choose cute little Squiggles!

We understand from Mum that is was about 2002 when you popped in our
door to check us out, which is a long time ago.

Then 2002 it was....my memory isn't is good as it used to be! :)

What do you mean you are on the board, what is a board and what do
you do on that board?

I apologize for not being clear: I am on the Board of Directors for
the LFFR/S. I am the Treasurer. I help mum keep track of the all the
donations that come in for all you fur butts; between the two of us,
we "get r done!"

How long have you been a shelter supporter?

Since forever! ;)

Do you own any fuzz butts? If so how many, if not why not?

I have one fuzz butt, Stitch. I have had fuzz butts since the early
1980's--Nicki, Pilfer, Conan and Sonja, Breezie.

We also understand you got Stitch from Mum at our shelter;

Oh, yes, I got Stitch from Mum. I had to send my Breezie to Rainbow
Bridge and had planned on getting another ferret "in a while." Well,
your mum and Stitch had their idea of what "in a while" meant. I met
Stitch on a Sunday and he was home with me the following Thursday!
You are most welcome to use any pictures of me and my boy!
http://www.ferretfarm.org/ferrets/Stitch/Stitch.html

Do you work outside your home and if so what do you do?

Yes, I do. I work for Gannett (30+ years) and I am a Tax Accountant.

You obviously like ferrets why?

How can you not like ferrets!? They are such fun to have around, to
chase, to watch them dance. And they are so cute!!!!

What's your favorite game? These are the things we like to do, do you
play any of these games?

a) Running through tunnels Oh Yes!
b) Hide and seek and Yes again.
c) Tag Yup!
d) jumping/digging in peanuts, dirt, rice
I personally don't jump/dig, but Stitch does ;)!
e) Other: please provide an example

"We" play lets drag into the closet all the toys mom
hides...immediately after she hides them.

What do you like best about ferrets?

Cute, playful and cuddly (my Stitch likes to sleep in my arms).

What do you like least about ferrets?

Their life span is TOOOOOOO short!

If you had the power to do anything you wished what would that be?
MMMMM...tough question for me. It would have to be to see my niece
Marissa who passed away at the age of 9 1/2 months. She would have
been 22 this year (2013).

Oh my! That is so sad. Thank you Miss Janette for allowing us to
interview you, we are so thrilled that you took the time to answer
our questions. We look forward to you stopping by with Stitch at our
June clinic day June 8, 2013
http://www.ferretfarm.org/Calendar.html

Sarah and Daisy

Brenda Johnson