Date:
Fri, 24 Nov 2006 19:30:37 -0500
Tuesday I had some follow up bloodwork done for my 4 yo MF Male,
Frizzy. I was shocked by the results, I thought he was doing fine.

A few months ago he started acting a little less playful with bouts of
diarrhea and new litterbox habits (pooping in the middle of the kitchen
floor). Last year I lost two middleaged (4) private breeder ferrets
unexpectedly, one suspected liver failure, it was pretty sudden so I
had not testing done earlier. His cagemate died two months later having
been diagnosed with Kidney failure two months earlier. Needless to say
I wasn't taking any chances. I suspected Adrenal as the hair on his
tail is thinning but I brought him in for bloodwork just in case.

In August his results were

Test, results, normal range
Alkaline Phosphatase    534,     normal 15-46
Phosphorus                3.6,   normal  4.2-8.5
Sodium                  171,     normal 140-160
Chloride                126,     normal  90-110
Globulin                  2.7,   normal   2.9-4.9
Hematocrit               40,     normal  43.0-55.0

Tuesdays results were (handwritten so I'm not sure what they stand for)

ALT  432 (last test was 192)
Crea    .5 (Creatinine?)
TP     4.9 (Total Protein?)
SAP  564 (?...is this the Alkaline Phosphatase?)
Glu  105 (Glucose?)
BUN   13  (BUN/Creatinine Ratio? last test was 70/or Urea Nitrogen
           last test was 21)
Hematocrit  49

The vet is out of the office until Monday, the technician sounded
concerned but wanted me to talk to the vet...so great...am I killing
another one of my fuzzbutts somehow?

Does anyone have any insight on what this is telling me? And if there
is anything I can do?