From:
Matthew Colmer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Dec 2000 17:40:08 -0600
Let me ask everyone out there in ferret land these questions.

Say you are near to or just about at middle age.  Suppose you were to go
for an exploratory operation in which you had a 60% chance of everything
being okay, recovery was normal and you were then able to live a normal,
healthy life without complications.  Now suppose that during that surgery,
because of what was found, doing one thing only gave you 7 or 8 more years
to live and doing something riskier may give you a longer life yet the
chances of dying on the table are 30-40%.  What would you do?  Remember
now, with the exception of losing a little weight, you feel fine and have
been acting normally.

Now put your ferret in that spot but change the 7 to 8 years to one or two
and the middle age is 4.  Remember now that you are making the decision for
the ferret because he or she cannot.  What would you do now?

I pose these questions because I want to know when does anyone believe
they would take their ferret in for adrenal surgery given the set of
circumstances described above.  I am sure everyone knows what I am talking
about.

Thank you for your input.