From:
Julie Dowdy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Aug 2000 02:29:08 -0700
>From:    Tammy Rodrigue <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: ECE?

You need to take him to a vet with a stool sample to see if it REALLY is
ECE.  I've had a million shades of green poop over the years and none of it
ECE.  It's dangerous to self-diagnose and treat something unless you really
know what it is.

If it is ECE, he will need medicines you can't give him without a
prescription.  If you are really concerned it is ECE, the longer you hold
off taking him to a vet, the worse he will get.  The virus acts quickly,
and I've read stories here from other owners whose ferrets have dropped
weight, dehydrated and died within days of an attack!

Best of luck,
Julie