From:
Julie Dowdy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Sep 2000 21:06:26 -0700
WHOO!!  I had to share with someone who wouldn't look at me and roll their
eyes. 8)

After gathering and stashing about 2000 2" quilt squares, I finally started
to use them for what I had wanted!!  I bought some fusible gridding and cut
out the dimensions of the bottom of the cage we have for the 5, and then
the two floors in the other cage for the other 3.  After playing and
ironing, they now have mini-quilts for the bottoms of their cages!  WHOO!
A few more steps and I can put them in.  I had wanted them to have them
for this winter, and just because I'm learning to quilt, so... I know, the
people at work roll their eyes, too.

"You're doing quilts for what?" I'm going to put this excellent, warm, soft
batting in the middle called Warm and Natural (think heavy, warm flannel
like cotton), a plain muslin back, sew in ribbons in the end to tie them to
the cage sides with and presto!  They'll be washable, too!  God knows I've
got enough squares left that they could have one for each week of each
month of the year.  *blush* Now I just have to get more gridding.  So much
easier than sewing all of those squares together!

Just had to share. 8)  Anyone out there with a ton of UFO's can relate. 8)

Tassy goes in for her Adrenal surgery Friday!  *crosses fingers* And when
she's okay and out of immediate danger/stitches come out, my little man
Smoodge will go.  I couldn't handle two at once!  If you have a spare good
thought, please give it to Tass on Friday.  I'll be too much of a wreck to
be of much use.  (Phil's the good one after surgery, I'm the hysterical
wreck who's afraid to touch them)

Thanks,
Julie and the spoiled Eisermann Eight