Date:
Sat, 19 Jan 2002 15:29:12 EST
Hey everyone,

I just wanted to thank Ela Heyn for going to so much trouble and making
ferret soap for the raffle runner-ups.  I got two beautiful soaps.  The
one with the ferret was gingerbread scented and positively smells good
enough to eat!  Well...almost!  Thanks again Ela!

Did anyone catch "Wolverine" on Animal Planet this week?  They are a
cousin to our furkids and the similarities were astounding.  They are
amazingly cunning and very adept at problem solving....sound like any
furry critters you know?  Ferretproofing?(my ferrets laugh a wicked
laugh!)...Hah, that's what you think!  <G>

As kits, they play a lot like our ferrets...pouncing and wrestling
with one another.  The researchers dubbed this one wrestling move
"the crocodile roll".  My ferrets did this when they were younger and
establishing dominance.  One would bite the other on the scruff and then
roll over, pulling the victim along with them...just like a crocodile
taking down its prey.  The kits also have masks just like ferrets.  The
heads are much broader and bear-like, but aside from that they just
looked like big, overgrown ferrets.  Very big, overgrown ferrets...one
actually took down a deer.  Apparently, they are sooo tenacious, they
exhaust their prey and then they pounce.  Sounds a little like mine on a
quest for a treat.  They just wear me down until I give in!  <VBG>

Well...I found it really enjoyable, so keep an eye out for it in the
future.

Happy ferreting!

Dodie in the Garden State(of NJ) currently being covered in 4-8 inches of
snow.