From:
caylalinus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Jun 2005 08:36:37 -0400
I purchased 2 males from a pet store in Alliance, Ohio that were from the
same litter.  I didn't realize until I took them to my vet that they
weren't neutered or descented b/c they were so small when I purchased
them & I really didn't look either.  I had the fixed at the appropriate
time according to my vet (which was way before 2 years, but still).  Both
but especially one in particular were very aggressive before I had them
fixed.  Afterward, they calmed down a bit, but they still have major
attitudes.  None of my other ferrets, male ore female, act like this &
they were all either rescued or purchased & already neutered/spayed.
They don't attack me as much anymore & actually the one that had the
worse attitude seems to be calming more as he ages.  They are somewhat
more aggressive towards my other ferrets, though, when the mood hits.
I believe it's b/c of the later neutering that they are like this, but
who knows?  Hormones, right??

Becky, Daisy, Honey, Bugsy, Lucky, Jasmine, Cinnamon, Sambo, Raisin, &
Kiwi