From:
Heather Wojtowicz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Apr 2002 11:31:57 -0400
Anyone wishing to also contact the editor of the Utah newspaper that
printed the incredibly inaccurate "friend to ferrets" story on Morrison
can contact them the following ways:

Tha managing editor of the newspaper is Ron Thornberg.  I've sent him a
letter detailing what I think of the article.  The address to write to
him is:

Ron Thornberg
PO Box 12790
Ogden, Utah 84412-2790

The newspaper editor is Pat Bean, and "Letters to the Editor" to be
considered for publication can be sent to Don Porter (same address as
Ron Thornberg).

Phone: 801-629-5220
Fax: 801-625-4508

The e-mail of the idiot who wrote the story is [log in to unmask]

I've faxed, called, e-mailed, and written today.  I'm just so appalled at
the story and at the positive slant on Morrison and her actions.  The
article practically exonerates her and allows her this public forum to
bash those who saved ferrets' lives.  The letter she sent to the FML
yesterday was unbelievable.

I'd like to propose that as many people as are willing write, fax, and
e-mail the paper, the reporter, and the editor.  Let's make a very public
outcry - from all over the country.  The Utah collector affected shelters
and shelter finances everywhere.  And this article just made it seem like
the real victim here was Jen Morrison, wrongfully accused "friend to
ferrets".  It made me physically sick.

Personally, I'd like to see a ferret group file a lawsuit against Morrison
to recoup the vet costs.  Any lawyers on the FML with any advice?  I'd
love to see a class-action suit filed against her by all the shelters who
spent money to save those kids.  $500 is a drop in the bucket compared to
the real debt she owes this community.

Morrison's letter yesterday felt to me like a "challenge".  Well, I'll
rise to it.  For one thing, I'm going to make sure the Utah
Standard-Examiner and the editor and reporter know what I think of the
article.

Here's the link to the article, BTW:

http://www.standard.net/standard/news/news_story.html
?sid=00020411231018706750+cat=news+template=news1.html

Check it out...but have a barf bag ready.

-Heather W. in Massachusetts
 Wishing there were special human-sized, poopy cages for collectors to
 serve time in!