From:
DeWayne Pratt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 May 1995 07:52:00 AKDT
    Renegade has yet to play with the curtains in the tub, I put a group of
bricks in the base of the tub on the shallow end.  Though he did find my 3"
thick piece of foam that I had used to squish the cushions on the couch
together.  I had thought that I had enough pillows pried in front of it to
keep him away from it, wrong I was.  During lunch on Tuesday I went home to
play with him for awhile he managed to squeeze through the  pillows and get
to the foam.  By the time I had found where the little gopher was hiding out
he had dug a 2 1/2" diameter hole halfway through the foam, little pieces of
this foam everywhere. Thanks Diane for the relief that rocket has shivers at
bath-time also.
    Thanks also go out to Laura for her concern about supervision.  I had
thought of the fact that I didn't mention that in my post, after I had sent
it.  My suggestion would be to let them play where the dead balloon can be
snatched and thrown out as soon as they pop.  I let him play with the
balloons only on the couch while I am watching reading or TV, that way as
soon as Renegade kills a balloon I can grab the little pieces while he is
busy looking for where the big balloon went.  Thanx every so much for the
concern.  I fortunately do know of the risk that one must take into
consideration while owning a ferret being owned by a ferret.  I did much
research before purchasing my friend including reading the Ferret FAQ and
browsing the various WWW sites, something that seems like a prerequisite in
my eyes.  No flames intended.
    Lastly...to Rob Broadhead, Renegade has a bowl, as opposed to a bottle,
that I let him get a drink from when he is playing.  He, since the day I
brought him home, has at a minimum done the nose submarine once a day. I not
being medically trained may be wrong but you may want to watch it near the
epsom salt.  His may be slightly different than your K2 was, he practically
stirs the water with his face.  This will go on for 10 to 45 seconds
followed by the shake of water all over the place, then back to the dive
this has go on for up to 10 minutes at one time. Remember this is the same
Renegade that shivers during bath-time...Silly!

Sorry for the length...I type these at work and bounce back to the message
for hours before I send it..Thus I just keep rambling on....

Regards from DeWayne (Dewey) and Renegade