From:
Jason and Holly Harper <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Jul 2000 12:14:11 -0400
I felt I had to raise a question about the breeding of deaf animals.  For
the record this has nothing to do with my opinion on the issue.

Do the same people that feel it's wrong to breed deaf ferrets feel that
it's wrong for deaf humans to produce offspring?  I mean after all
deafness is a defect, right?

I think that several people have had very good posts that oppose the
breeding of deaf ferrets.  Yes, deaf ferrets are hard to place.  Yes,
deaf ferrets need to be trained differently than a hearing ferret.  Yes,
it can be difficult for a deaf jill to raise her young.  But do any of
these statements make a deaf ferret a less satisfactory pet?  Do you not
receive the same kind of love from a deaf ferret as you would from a
hearing ferret?

Like I said, I'm just playing devil's advocate. :)

Holly