From:
MJ or Alecia Gailey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Jul 1998 14:22:13 -0700
Hello everyone.  My name is Rae, and I've subscribed to this list for maybe
8 or 10 months now.  I've met some wonderful people here, gotten great ideas
and advice, passed on a little of my own, and gotten a huge kick out of all
the cute and funny stories I read.  I love the stories the ferrets tell when
they are able to sneak onto the computer, when Mommies and Daddies aren't
looking.  (Like the Mr. Sunshine adventure, by the Pietinkieville kids.)

Delurking here with an urgent request for my precious fuzzies.  I am looking
for a free or cheap freezer, in excellent working condition so I can freeze
ice for my babies.  Hubby had to go back to school to learn a new trade when
work injuries caused him to lose his job last June.  We are getting payments
from L&I, (equivalent of worker's compensation here in Washington State),
so we're not suffering terribly, but huge vet bills and my broken car have
drained us for awhile.  Unfortunately, I don't make enough to live on right
now, much less make major purchases like freezers.  Our little fridge's
freezer won't freeze things during really hot weather, and the refrigerator
freezes only the stuff I don't want it to, in winter, of course.  I just had
to throw everything in the freezer out due to our hot weather here in the
Seattle area.  I work part time days and evenings as a nanny, but have some
leeway sometimes to come by the house to check on the babies.  Hubby gets
here about 5:00, sometimes earlier, from school.  Fortunately, in our
basement apartment, it is cooler here than it is where I work, so the babies
are better off here.  I am buying bags of ice at the store and keeping them
in the freezer until they melt so I can make ice packs wrapped in towels for
Henry Longfellow and Missy to keep cool, because lately, the pop bottles and
milk jugs won't freeze.  I poured some ice into a cooler today and covered
it with a towel so the kids could lay on top of it if they wanted.  Henry
thought it was a new kind of litter box and promptly did his thing in there.
I got that cleaned up and then they decided it was a great place to dig and
play.  It really perked them up.  I was worried they'd get too cold but they
seem to have good instincts about what they can handle, and only played in
there long enough to take the edge off the heat.

My babies are my life and I have even turned down a free trip and free
lodging in Hawaii because I can't bear to be separated from them.  If anyone
knows of anything available, or has a freezer they'd be willing to donate
or sell really really cheap, please e-mail me at [log in to unmask] I would
be extremely grateful.