From:
Tara Menne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Jul 1998 11:16:35 -0600
Samantha & Lympho:
Dr. Bock and I have decided on a chemo protocol that's not IV - Cytoxin .2cc
once a day, 4 day on, 3 days off; it's mixed with essential fatty acids and
tastes incredibly horrible, I tried it and I can't blame her for not wanting
anything to do with it!  We're also giving .25 mg pred twice a day, in
Ferretone!  yum!, and herbal booster with Immunplex, PetTinic, Collodial
Silver.  I'm going to add the recommended Pau D'Arco, and Red Clover, a
Timmy's like mix (living in Boulder I can get most of it at the corner
store!) and pine bark.

Sam hasn't showed any side effects from the drugs after 2 days, and really
likes the Crasin she gets after taking them!  She spit out all the Cytoxin
yesterday though, and we had a little discussion: (me) you have to (Sam) no
(me) yes (Sam) {phtew, gag, spit!} (me) I'm going to refill this, and you're
gonna take it (Sam) I'm under the bed, you can't get me!

So I've discovered a neat trick - put a drop of Ferretone on the end of the
syringe and you've got a better change of them opening their mouth, and it
helps with some tastes.

Foods:
>So those of you that are now sitting there with your mouths open, close
>them. ;-)

tle, you busted me!  I was doing just that - along with feeing some relief
that maybe that Science Diet cat food isn't so bad for her and she loves it
soooooooo much!  On that topic, I've tried to keep a good variety of foods
avail - and they (ferret and cat) seem to like snacking on each others food.
I'm sure that's because it *must* taste better if it's for somebody else!

Thanks to Jason for Buddy's story - it's my morning treat!

And last but definitely not least, a BIG THANK YOU!!!! to Monika in Canada,
tle, and Mary in Penn.  for your experiences with lymphoma.  And fuzzy
kisses to Valentine, Jasmine & Taz for the sweet postacard and their warm
wishes!

tm

Tara Marie Menne