From:
DOOK-WOOF-DOOK <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Oct 2005 13:01:16 -0400
I have two of their ferrets in our shelter at this time.  They were not
descented when they were purchased by the original owners.  I was told
by the owners that they went there, and it was similar to our "Lancaster
Puppy mills".  The ferrets were in stalls, really dirty conditions, and
just overall bad experience for the people who purchased them.  They of
course did not know any better, and also wanted to "rescue" the boys from
their facility.  The people were given no information about the ferrets,
or the fact that they will poof, due to not being descented.  They were
so unsocialized and bit the owners so badly, that I ended up with them.
This is just second hand report, so please don't slam me.  I personally
have never met Carolina Ferrets or have seen their facility personally.
The boys are now in our shelter and are doing wonderfully.  I have
managed to get them to stop biting.  They were named after the Angry
Beavers, Norbert and Daggett.  I know call them Placid Beavers!

Just thought I would share that information and back up Alicia from
Ferretwise, on her findings.

M From TinyPrints Ferret Rescue

Life is not how many breaths you take, but
how many times it takes your breath away...
TinyPrints Ferret Rescue PetFinder Web Page
http://www.tinyprintsontheheart.petfinder.org
TinyPrints Ferret Rescue Store
http://www.tinyprintsontheheart.com/onlinestore.htm
Aloha Ferrets Ebay Store