From:
DOOK-WOOF-DOOK <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Nov 2005 07:46:59 -0500
I just wanted to thank more people for the wonderful cards I got this
Thanksgiving.  They keep rolling in, one as special as the next.  Each
one saying Thank You to me for helping the Ferrets.  I just want this to
be the Thank You to the 1000's of you out there that support shelters
like mine.  Without the public support, the vet bills would not get paid,
the food, litter and bedding would not get purchased, and the emotional
support would not be met.

I got this wonderful poem written by Marilyn Ledoux from Ledoux Hospice
and I wanted to share.  As I read it yesterday, it really struck home.
This year was hard because I took alot of very, very sick ferrets in.
Some, by the miracle of my wonderful vet, could be saved, others......
could not.  Sadly I had to watch some of them slip away and could only
provide them with love and not a longer, happier life.  So here is the
poem:

Ode to a Shelter Mom

Shelter Moms take to their hearts
Those hungry, wondering strays.
Those voiceless little creatures
Someone else has thrown away.

They care for them, then give them love
They hug them every day.
But sometimes they're beyond her help
And quietly slip away.

She keeps their little faces
Tucked away deep in her heart.
And one day many years from now
From this world she will part.

You've heard the thunder in the skies
While the sun is shining brightly.
Or it may be in the winter
When the snow is falling lightly.

That was not thunder that you heard
But a thousand little feet.
Running across the Rainbow Bridge
Their shelter Mom to meet.

They rush into her waiting arms
She hugs them everyone.
While the world stands still and questions
Why there's thunder with the sun.

Now you know..........

Just such a touching poem and sums up my reason for sheltering.  Thanks
for letting me share.

Marguerite from TinyPrints Ferret Rescue in Pa.
4 New wonderful furkids join me and my family today for the Holidays.....

Life is not how many breaths you take, but
how many times it takes your breath away...
TinyPrints Ferret Rescue PetFinder Web Page
http://www.tinyprintsontheheart.petfinder.org
TinyPrints Ferret Rescue Store-NEW EGG TOYS
http://www.tinyprintsontheheart.com/onlinestore.htm
Aloha Ferrets Ebay Store
http://stores.ebay.com/Aloha-Ferrets-Store