From:
Denise Davis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Sep 2000 01:34:13 CDT
**My heart goes out to all sick little fuzzies and to the ones that**
***have entered the rainbow bridge, to all I say a prayer for you.***

** Normally I am sending prayers, But this time, I am asking for prayers
for one of my ferrets here in my shelter.  His name is Gizmo, he came to
me back in March.  He has lived in 4 homes over his 5 years of life.  He
has had several surgeries, adernal, his uretha had been rerouted, and has
had another surgery to his bladder.  When he came to me, he was half-bald,
coarse hair, and could barely move around because he was so over weight.
He has been through so much.  We decide to keep him a permanent shelter guy
and became one of my stay at home little fellows.  He has grown back his
hair, his coat is beautifully healthy and thick.  He has been extermely
healthy since I have had him.

** This morning Gizmo started acting ill and started to act as if he was
going to vomit.  Yesterday his bowels were normal,no signs of any illness,
today his bowels contain some mucus.  Tonite they were almost clear but
with a slight hint of colour.  But with an awful smell.  He is a little
dehydrated, he is still drinking.  Though he has began to slightly whine
as if he is in pain.  All the other ferrets here are healthy no signs of
a virus or sort.  No new members lately.  At first I thought maybe he was
trying to cough up a hairball by the way he was acting.  And since he has
such a thick coat, he is alway's grooming hisself.  He has started on
amoxic-drops tonite and is still drinking fluids himself.

** I am just so worried, I haven't had a sick little one here in awhile.  I
know I have a shelter full of furbabies here.  But each one I have grown to
love and treasure.  I am asking please just for your prayers for Gizmo and
all the sick little ones today.  It hurts me so to see these guys when they
are sick.  You think by now I could get use to a sick one.  I worry so over
these little fellows.  Most of my guys here have been though hell.  And I
have promised them a chance at a better one, with a permanent loving home.

****So please if you can spare a prayer for My Gizmo, send it ASAP****
I appreciate each one & God Bless

Love, The FerretMama
Denise Peddington Davis
At The Ferret Mama's Haven Shelter/Rescue