From:
"Keitha M. Woods" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Feb 2000 08:28:10 -0800
I have six ferrets total and when we got the first two, my husband being
in law enforcement wanted to name them after guns, and I wanted the cutsie
names that matched (These were my first, what can I say?) Thus we have
Smith and Wesson, a black sable and a champagne sable.  The next addition
was a silver-mit female whom I named Sugar after my Cyber-persona.  After
that we returned to the gun theme.  We have an albino female named Beretta,
Magnum a cinnamon male, and Star a female DEW and my husband tells me that
Star is some type of gun and ammo manufacturer.

They have such totally different personalities and there are so many of
them that we have observed group behavior amongst them - social "pecking"
order, taking shifts in watching their "territory", chain of command,
working together to accomplish what one can't do on their own, training
the new additions on the rules and litterboxes, etc.

I read the FML everyday although I don't post very often and I feel it is
by far the best communicaton between ferret lovers available on the net.

P.S. Does anyone else have a ferret who is obsessed with stealing potatoes?

Keitha & Ramon Woods
Smith & Wesson & Star & Beretta & Magnum & Star