From:
Katie Walker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Mar 1996 09:23:48 -0600
Baby Gates:

When we first moved into our apt.  last April, I bought two baby gates to
keep the guys out of the bedrooms and kitchen.  The effectiveness of the
suckers lasted about a month and that was only because George was only 2
months old.  Now both my guys can leap over the gates in a single bound.
About the only good the gates have is to make enough noise that I can begin
my dash to catch the guys before they get into trouble.  In fact, I think
that I have more trouble getting over those gates than the ferrets do.
Their favorite trick is as follows.  On the few occations that I have to
take the guys to work with me, I put up the gate.  The guys will hang around
the gate until the phone rings, and then they are off.  They know that I
can't come and get them since I am now on the phone.  So they have free run
to freak everyone out until I am done with the call and can do recon.

The best suggestion that I have heard is to get a piece of plexiglass
instead of a baby gate.  If you get one about the height of a gate, you will
be able to get over it, but the ferrets will not be able to .  t is just too
darn hard to put on the suction cups and scale the plexi.

Good luck!
Katie
--
Katie [log in to unmask]
Technology Information Coordinator/Lecturer

                "All these years
                 I'm still here
                 And so confused
                 But I can finally see how much I stand to lose
                 All these years"
                                --Sawyer Brown
                                  "All These Years"