From:
Bruce Williams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 Nov 1995 20:31:24 -0800
To Amy McGraw:
>1)Fleas
>I am sad to say that my little fuzzie has fleas.  The shampoo that I am
>using is ferret-safe, but it doesn't help with the fleas....  My question
>is this...What kind of flea shampoo is ferret-safe?  And, if there isn't
>any, how do I get rid of them.

    Well, Amy, the gbest place to get a shampoo that is ferret safe is at
your vet's.  Ask for a pyrethrin based shampoo, one that you could use on a
kitten.  While you're their - ask for a flea comb also.

    Remember, though, that if you see a couple, you may have hundreds in
your house.  Fleas only live on the animal when they are actively feeding -
the rest of the time they are in your rung, reproducing.

    You may also want to take a look at some flea bombs for the house - if
you want to attack them, go all-out now.....

Bruce Williams, DVM, DACVP