From:
Joyce Meadows <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Jan 1996 21:57:47 -0600
Seth and Emma both have really dry feet pads - they're cracking (not
bleeding, though) and look pretty bad.  I asked the vet about this when I
took Emma in for her spaying, and he said I should just give them some time
for their feet to toughen up.

Well, Seth's feet have been like this for quite a while - since I've had
him, pretty much.  We're in Lubbock, which has almost no humidity.  It's a
dusty dry desert-type place.  :) Are the dry feet related to this?  I know
my lips are a lot more chapped since I've been here...

What can I do for their feet?  Once I tried putting Vaseline on Seth's feet,
but he immediately licked it off.

Ah, another question: Is Vaseline bad for ferrets if they eat it?  Both Seth
and Emma love Vaseline; in fact, they'll go to great trouble to lick it off
my lips (I put it on at night b/c of my chapped lips).  How will this affect
them?

Many thanks in advance!

-joyce (And I thought they liked me and were just trying to give me
        kisses...)
-Seth the Stoic (of course i wont tell you if my feet hurt    ill just
       make you guess)
-Emma (darn  weve licked all the vaseline off her mouth  guess ill just
       have to bite her)