From:
Joyce Meadows <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Jan 1996 15:37:38 -0600
Hello!  I'm back (finally....I left my mom's house almost a week later than
I'd intended to).

Emma had explorstory surgery 23 December.  The vet found that she had been
neither spayed nor descented, so he did both.  I talked to the pet store
owner (since the pet store had said Emma was spayed and descented), and he
was very pleasant about it all.  I'm meeting with him this week to discuss
this more.  I'm pretty sure he'll reimburse me for the cost of the surgery.

I took Emma home with me.  My mom, who is not a big animal fan, was not too
pleased, but my dad was tickled.  I stayed with him for a few days, and we
visited some of the relatives on his side.  Every time we went somewhere,
Dad told me to "bring the rat along" or "let's take that weasel thing with
us." :) The relatives loved Emma!  We went out to eat one evening, and Dad
even wanted to take Emma to the burger place.  (We didn't, though; I figured
there might be some sort of health code against that.)

Seth comes home this evening or tomorrow - I can't wait to see him!  I think
Emma misses him, too....When we got back to my room here in Lubbock, she ran
all around, looking in and under everything....I'm still not sure whether
she was looking for Seth or for treats...  :)

Harmonicas?  How'd that start?  I bought a harmonica and book last year,
intending to learn to play, but then I lost the harmonica.  I found it over
Christmas, but haven't started back on it yet....  I'll be sure and watch
the fuzzies' reactions!

It's good to be back, but right now I'm going to have to wind this up and go
take a nap.  <big yawn> I hope everyone had a good holiday!