From:
Sandra King <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Apr 2000 23:53:06 EDT
It would seem that chronic ataxia (that is, not insulinoma related) can be
caused by renal failure (my post from a few days ago looking for ideas
concerning acute ataxia).  My *2* year old Spooky Ears is in renal failure
for some unknown reason.  Her diet now consists of TF, Iams, and KD for
cats with a second mixture of the previous with hard boiled eggs added
in a soupy consistency.  The KD is added to reduce her protein of lesser
quality intake, the egg is added to increase quality protein.  She is also
receiving supplemental SQ fluids as needed.  Will do another blood test in
2 weeks to see where things stand, but as of now she still has no good
sense of balance and still stands with her toes curled under her feet.  As
it would happen, I am moving to SC where they are considered wild and
apparently vets don't see them.  Should get interesting.