From:
Sandra King <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Mar 2000 09:50:35 EST
First--I am moving to Greenville, SC in a couple of weeks and cannot seem
to find a vet in that area.  I finally found one that will board them, but
the vet is only in the office on Mondays and Tuesdays.  Not good for those
Fridays when my ferrets decide to have a crisis.  Any reccomendations?

Second--Spooky Ears came down with a nasty bout of projectile vomiting and
diarrhea a couple of weeks ago.  Tried Albon which worked while she was
taking it, now on SMZ-TMP liquid.  So far so good.  The major problem is
that while she was so sick she developed ataxia.  No big deal, it happens
on occasion.  She has yet to get over it.  She will be standing there and
just <ploop> fall over.  She wobbles when she stands, she falls over
for no apparent reason, she walks like she's drunk, she has defecient
proprioception in all four feet, she runs in a stilted manner, her hind
feet will cross over each other when she is walking.  She knows this and
tries to compensate by gripping the floor with her toes (when they're not
curled under her feet).  No inner ear problems, has not hit her head
recently (except when she falls over), it's not insulinoma, liver looked
healthy when she had her emergency exploratory surgery a couple of weeks
ago (sx because she does eat things, projectile vomiting, funny spot on
x-rays---turned out to be nothing there, not even food).  If it were a
menengitis I would think she would be exhibiting more signs.  If it were
a spinal problem it should have shown up on x-ray.  Any thoughts would be
great.