From:
Melissa Litwicki <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Oct 1997 09:17:25 -0400
Sukie wrote (and I exerpted..hey, exerpt sounds like the noise Potpie
makes when she poops):

> ...normal shedding itchies...

I have to thank Sukie for reminding me that ferrets shed this time of year,
because that reassures me they may not have fleas since they don't just have
the 'normal shedding itchies,' they have the 'wild thumping scratching until
your leg comes unhinged and flies off in the other direction, at all hours
of the day and night, preferably in the noisiest section of the cage-ies.'

Which is nice and normal, but poor Easel is at a *definite* handicap, what
with missing one of her back legs and all.  She's got a pretty good range
with the remaining leg, and she's mostly learned that the instinct to try
and scratch with the stump is a useless one, but occasionally she'll forget
and try to scratch herself with her stump, and I'll see her, and collapse
laughing.

Yes, I *do* sit down and scratch her as a favor. :)

Melissa

 __ Melissa Litwicki ____ [log in to unmask] __
 By the whole newsgroup devoted tennis showing
     it after scarfing fork and laughters