From:
Elton & Nancy Sanders <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Jun 1997 11:50:21 -0400
We are VERY sorry that Kodo died.  We will remember him.  I hope no one else
(beast or human) ever has to suffer the same fate as Kodo and his family.

On the national organization.  I understand that several efforts on the
national level have failed for reasons unknown to me.  Possible name United
Ferret Owners (UFO) <smile>  Anyways... how about trying a structure as used
by the United States Dressage Federation?  They have a central group that
sets the standards, qualified judges and other coordination activites.  The
central is run by an elected board of directors.  There is an annual
national convention, awards and shows.  This group published a monthly
magizine for the members.  Each horse is registered and accumlates points
for awards.

Under the central group are numbered regions.  Virginia is in region 1.  The
regional groups coordinate the local activities. These are also run by an
elected board of directors. They also handle regional awards.

The local groups operate independendly under the standards set by the upper
controls.  The locals run shows, camps, clinics and the like.  This is the
heart of the organization.  The members are automatcally included in the
national membership (which includes the national publications and eligablty
for awards).  The membership is $25 a year.

This may be a bit more elaborate than we need, but it is very successful
since there is a minimum of political control.

Nan and gang