From:
Andrea Garza <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Feb 1997 10:11:46 -0700
I actaully have two questions for you, folks.  First, can too much ferratone
be bad?  How much ferratone is too much?  Zero gets the recommended daily
dose of ferratone, as suggested on the bottle.  He gets a little extra every
other day on his belly, to keep him occupied and somewhat still while we
apply his ear medication.  This will continue for about 10 more days, every
other day.  He also gets a little on his belly for claw clipping.  Should I
be cutting back on the daily dose of ferratone at least until the ear
treatment is done?

My second question is about cages.  Zero has a wire cage.  I haven't seen
anything *but* wire cages available around here!  What's the danger in this?
I don't think his feet can get caught in the wire, since they're spaced
apart enough.  Can their claws get stuck?  Anyhow, we have towels in his
cage as bedding, and have put old pillow cases to cover the wire floor.
However, he moves these things around, leaving pleanty of the floor exposed.
What can I use to cover the wire floor that's easy to clean, and he can't
move?  He only uses the one litter box we have in his cage on the upper
level, and prefers the corner *next* to the litter box on the lower level.
I don't mind this, since the cage is easily removed from the base, and we
keep the base lined with newspaper...easy clean up.  Maybe if we put
something on the floor that Zero couldn't move, he wouldn't want to use it
as a bathroom, and would use the litterbox instead!

I'd appreciate any suggestions!!

Andrea Garza & The Crew
Research Technician
University of Arizana