From:
"F. Scott Giarrocco" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Aug 2000 11:28:18 EDT
>Well, he did feebly well to call around and he did get the ferret rescue
>people there so I cannot be so hard on him..  but sheesh!  anyway.  SOme
>things are patently obvious, he must have had his seeing eye dog out to
>get rebuilt.

What exactly is meant by "he must have had his seeing eye dog out to get
rebuilt"?  Why is being blind equated with ignorance, stupidity, or not
taking the action you think the landlord should have?  The phrase and
attitude it demonstrates is insulting and demeaning.

It is clear that some things are not patently obvious.  Seeing Eye is not
the accepted term for assistance dogs for the blind.  The correct term is
Guide Dogs for the Blind.  Seeing Eye is but one of the several mobility
schools across the nation.  The blind using guide dogs are far from
ignorant, stupid or lazy.