From:
Mal Chick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Aug 2000 06:49:46 EDT
Ah, the beautiful chorus of vocalisations of our lil Mustelid Mozarts!  The
"dook" in question is a favorite, especially when one of my girls is tossed
into the Big Box o' Baggies.  They looove to hear their own racket, between
the dooking and baggie krinkles.  I personally think they sound vaguely
like chickens, cluck cluck.  Don't tell them I told you :)

The hissing is funny too- Not one, but TWO types of hisses for those
special occasions.  THere's the open-mouthed, wardancing, poofy tail hiss,
like loud panting.  THen there's the "Let go of my squeaky toy" or "Let go
of my ear" hiss that Bebe gives her sister when they engage in Ferret-Fu.
That deflating tire noise.

There is also the "Okay, that REALLY hurts, lemme GO!" squeal I hear when
they are really into some martial arts action and a tender bit of fuzzbutt
is chomped.

WHoever says ferrets are quiet really need to give their furkids a good
tickle, or teach a pair of fuzzies the ancient and honored art of
Ferret-Fu.  Then just sit back and enjoy those sweet, slightly musky
melodies.

~Jessica and the Raisinettes