From:
Barbara Hann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Dec 2000 16:10:15 -0500
Sandee,
Please greet Paladin.  He died in my arms Christmas day from complications
of insulinoma.  He was 10 + years old.  Paladin was our first old timer,
he was 7 when he came to live with us.  He taught us how wonderful the
oldtimers are.  Since then, we've opened our hearts to several more
oldtimers whose owners didn't want them anymore.  When we first met
Paladin, he was put in the playpen with other adoptable ferrets at the
shelter.  He was always passed over because the was "too old", even
thought danced his best waltz (a slower version of the war dance).

Paladin was ever so gentle with the younger ferrets, and had his favorite
two ladies who miss him.  He warmly welcomed all newcomers.  He taught us
the "Tickle the Tummy Game".  Paladin loved to roll in the grass in the
warm weather.  I miss my TV & computer buddy.  I miss the kisses, and how
he scratched my feet to be picked up and cuddled or to have his tummy
tickled.

Sandee, I told Paladin to look for Bullwinkle, Mr. Peabody, Ginger, and
little Love.  He, like all before him are sorely missed.  Our only regret
is that we didn't know him when he was younger.  He was a treasure.

Barb & George Hann and the fuzzies