From:
Kristeen Kohrs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Jan 2001 19:20:58 -0500
Don't worry, not 3 ferrets....

I found out that I don't have to travel next week so I decided I should
start putting in more serious time getting Stanley (Big, recently neutered,
non-descented Stan) integrated with Katie, Matt, and Al (KMA).  I had KMA
free in their room for a few hours and Stan was out with me.  After I
figured everyone had the "fresh out of the cage energy" out of their
system, I let them all out and put a few drops of ferretone on each back.
No fights for over an hour - everything went great and I had three sleepy
ferrets laying in various parts of the house - Katie, Matt & Stanley...

Okay, I know where to find the little deaf boy, Al, hiding behind the
couch.  So, I put the others away and pulled the couch out, what do I see,
Al, and one of the couch legs on the ground - detached from the couch.  In
order to reach Al, I kneel on the couch.  All of the sudden - the thought
flies through my head - Oh no, I'll crush him with the weight of the couch
now that it no longer has all 4 legs on it.  I got VERY LUCKY the couch
didn't tip and he was fine --- cute little guy just doesn't want to worry
about a run in with Stanley so he hangs out behind the couch.  I feel so
bad but I can't tell him not to worry - he can't hear me ;-(  I sure hope
he gets over this soon - play time behind the couch CAN'T be much fun!

Kristeen, JT,
Katie, Matt,
Al & Stanley