From:
Lynn & Bob <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Aug 2000 22:46:44 -0400
I agree with the response from Tea and the others, who said that if he is
dictating to you NOW, before you are married, what you can and can not have
I'd lose him.  TRUST ME, I've been there and after you are married and you
want animals he'll only say no, unless it's to HIS benefit.  I am so sick
and tired of seeing pets just thrown away like this, because people (not
those of you who can not give them time, attention, etc.) think ok, I don't
want them so I'll just get rid of them.  IF you got pregnant, would you get
rid of your child should this man say he doesn't want kids???  Our animals
in a sense ARE our kids.

Sweetie, I've been where you are, and please see that if he is making you
get rid of the ferrets now, after you are married other things will happen,
and when you want to get an animal, he'll say no, and if you get one and
bring it home, he'll get rid of it on you.  My husband was like that,
before we were married, but I thought I could change him, and I couldn't.
Thank God that he has changed over the years and LOVES animals as I do, but
these other people telling you, along with me are right, we are warning
you.  I'm sure you are head over heels in love, but think of your fuzzies,
you love them, they love you, are you willing to put them thru emotional
seperation only because a man told you to do so?

I have met so many people who get fuzzies and when they see something
else or when they just lose interest pawn them off, and I'm sorry, this
frustrates me.  It's like a teenage girl 14 years old here locally, gets
pregnant, doesn't know who the father is but gets an abortion, saying if
I get pregnant again there is abortion centers for me.  We get our animals
to be apart of our lives, family, and for someone to say get rid of them
before we are married is to controlling, dominating, and self centered.
I'm sorry sweetie, but I've been there, I know from personal experience and
I do not want you to go thru it.  Sit down with him and talk about it, tell
him how you love them, how you want them to be apart of your family with
him, and how important it is to you if he'd try and accept them.  Please
let us all know what you do.  I am glad to see that there are several posts
as mine on yesterdays fml, we all know if he is saying get rid of them now
(as several stated also) that it'll be other things, and we know you love
those fuzzies, so stand up to him and KEEP THEM, because the ONLY reasoning
I hear for you to get rid of them is because a man told you to do so, which
is wrong IMO.

Thank you to all who see the same way as I do, I've been there and you are
all right.  I should have told my hubby where to go when he acted the same
way this guy is before we were married, but I was 17 and dumb.  I'm now
in my mid 30's and more mature, and if he ever told me to get rid of my 6
babies, I'd walk him to the door and give him a push out.  Thank God he has
changed over the years and LOVES, he LOVES our 6 babies.

Lynn, Bob, Taz,
Sharkie,Jack, Jill, Bootz, Daisy