From:
"William A. Killian" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Dec 1997 01:13:40 -0500
>From:    alphachi <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: Ferretone/Linatone use carefully examined
>Some have been irresponsible enough to compare it to sugar syrup in humans.

Since that is a corruption of a comparison we use lets explain and see is
this is a comparison that can be "fixed"...

Candy is a treat that should be given sparingly to children.  Linatone is a
treat that should be given sparingly to ferrets (dogs or cats).  Both are
positive in nutritional benefit in small amounts.  Candy is sugar and
possibly with milk chocolate dairy products.  Refined sugar is fine unless
it is used to the exclusion of other nutrients.  In humans these provide
energy and some small amount of other needed nutrients.  But in large
quantities the refined sugars can displace other necessary nutrients.  Too
much sugar can cause problems in some children.  Too much fat well is
fattening.  Candy in too large a quantity can even lead to abdominal
distress and soft stools - ask anybody that has changed a diaper of a baby
who has eaten a chocolate bar.

Linatone/ferretone are nutritional in small quantities.  They are rich in
those nutrients needed by ferrets but not all nutrients that they need.
These fats and other ingredients can provide needed energy and other
nutrients.  If too much of these oils are given they can displace the other
necessary nutrients.  Too mcuh can be fattening (too much fat).  It can also
lead to soft stools and as you pointed out abdominal distress.

Please show where this is an irresponsible comparison so I can improve the
simile.  We don't see you problem but would like to be as accurate as we can
be.

bill and diane killian
zen and the art of ferrets
mailto:[log in to unmask]  mailto:[log in to unmask]
http://www.zenferret.com/