From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Oct 1996 02:23:34 PDT
Hi All,
Weezie's finished her antibiotics.  She is back to her little house patrols
and cuddling with mom.  She's not up to dragging sock balls around, but I
have seen her pushing them along with her nose, and she has managed to move
several of her toys around over the last few days.  She's not eating as much
as I'd like, or pooping very much.  She is just picking at her food (ANF)
and hoarding pieces, only eating small amounts.  She only pooped once
yesterday, and nothing the day before.  She is two ounces lighter than
previously (she is also having a coat change, I think).  She is taking the
FeloVite, but doesn't like IAMS kitten chow, Ferretone, Ferretbites, Hill's
Prescription Diet Kitten or A/D canned foods,or Bandits Ferret Treats.  She
wants raisins, honey, banana, and cocoa puffs (I know, I know).  I guess if
I get desperate I'll mix some of the kitten food with some banana puree.

Sular,
Thank you for writing about the flea allergies.  Weezie is now on Program
AND Advantage.  Since the Advantage, until yesterday, we haven't had any
fleas at all.  Yesterday I found three (they shouldn't be there).  Her next
Advantage application is on the 24th.  I am still enthusiastic about it,
because you only apply it (topically) once a month, right behind the neck
(where they can't reach to lick it off).  We are going to continue Program
all year, and slack off on Advantage during the cold season if the fleas are
completely gone.  Her skin isn't orange anymore, and she is not exuding
scent, although she still has a naked little rat tail and a bare patch on
her back.  Her vulva is back to normal, too.

Al,
Thank you for writing about adrenal disease.  I do have the FAQs and it was
a possibility looming overhead, but the differential diagnosis was tough
because of the other factors (flea situation, fever) which could also
account for the symptoms.  We are going to watch her carefully, and if her
hair does not regrow, the vet is advising to test her hormones, one at a
time.  I am praying that it won't be adrenal disease-- she's not even
two-and-a-half yet-- since I don't even have that kind of money to spend on
my OWN surgery, diagnostics, etc.  For the time being, I'm thinking positive
thoughts and hoping for the best.  I just wish she would POOP more!!!

Mo'Bob (Dances with Ferts),
I liked your turkey whistle note (oh heck, I like ALL your posts).  I've
collected some similar instructions too, and have been meaning to make a
whistle for the longest time... any day now... We're finding around here
that it's the reed instruments that really make our kid come running-- my
roommate just got another set of bagpipes to add to the frenzy (neighbors
love em too, ha ha) I suppose I am a would-be forensic (physical anthro)
type, but I didn't make it past the Water chapter in the big book (errk,
gacck, urrp, enough!!!!) So much for my Kay Scarpetta fantasies... Say, if
you run across one of those Black Booted Ferrets-- the Angora variety--
could you send him MY way??????

Rainey & Stormin/Kris,
Thank you for your sensible & factual input about Samhain (and thank you to
the other Wiccans who posted, too).  I wanted to post a response also,
dealing with the urban mythology angle of "Satanic/Cult"accounts, but I
guess it's off-topic.  Well, anyway, thanks for a good post!

Isabel Two
and Tristan's Lady ("Weezie')  "The Dutchess of Dooks"