From:
Richard and Katharine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Jan 1999 19:22:18 -0500
<ferret reaction to vaccine
I have had a few episodes of vomiting after vaccinations.  Luckily, no
worse than that but it has happened up to 1-2 hours after the shot.  I now
pre-treat all of mine with .1cc of Benadryl (notice I said POINT 1 cc).
That's the amount my vet told me to use.  I haven't had any reactions since
I started doing this.

<How do you treat a ferret's cold?
I would start out with .1cc (notice the POINT again) of Benadryl.  That's
what I give mine if they get a little sniffly or coughy.

<TN panel and random questions
This is the second letter I've seen recently about a vet "guessing" whether
a discharge is an infection.  Don't these vets have microscopes?  Can't
they run tests?  They should take a swab of the discharge and test it!
That's what my vet did with Lily to rule out a vaginal infection before we
went the adrenal route.  In her case, it was adrenal disease.  I believe
the price on the UT panel is about $75.  Also, Lily doesn't like raisins,
never has.

<keeping TF fresh
I store mine in gallon-sized zip-lock bags in the refrigerator.  I think
there's more ferret food than people food in there.

Katharine