From:
"Jerry O. Stern" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Nov 1997 23:34:44 -0500
Sammy our 3yo female has up until recently spoiled us in every aspect.  She
has the run of our large bedroom and from the age of about 4 months
discovered our large walk-in shower as the best place to do her own bathroom
routine.  I suspect she learned to do this because she loves the water and
we are always washing the shower stall after she goes.  Another habit which
we did not discourage since she is a lover and stopped biting at a very
young age, is that she usually sleeps somewhere between my wife and I under
the covers.  The benefits are she loves to wake me up in the morning by
licking my face all over like our golden retriever would just love a chance
to do if we ever let her.  It's pretty disgusting to some but my wife and I
return all her kisses.  The best time for me is with her in the morning as
she will cuddle for about 30 mins before following my wife around as she
gets dressed.  My wife and I have been married for 28 yrs and we always had
dogs.  We wished we knew about ferrets years ago.  Well back to our new
problem:

She used to get up at night once or twice and run into the shower and then
back to bed!  On some occasions she would fall asleep in the closet after
pulling down some of my ties and we discovered she got lazy and found a
corner of the closet as a short-cut, but that was easily fixed by placing a
small litter box in that closet corner and she never had an accident again
until the last few weeks.  She now gets out of our bed and will sometimes go
to the corner of our room and do her stuff there on the carpet instead of
trekking over to the shower.  After 3 years of perfection, we are very
tolerant because we can't force ourselves to cage her as she is so much
apart of our day to day lives.

Is there anything we can use to make this one corner unappealing to her?
Some repellant spray?  She still uses the shower 98% of the time and my wife
thinks she's just groggy during the night :-).

Any help is appreciated.

Oh, BTW....this past summer I posted a msg about Sammy's tail hir loss, the
last 1/3 got pretty bare and the rest got real thin.  I was worried about
adrenal disease but after the cold weather came her tail has grown back
fuzzier and fuller than ever!

Sammy's Dad

Regards,
Jerry