Date:
Wed, 11 Aug 2004 14:02:15 -0400
Hi everyone!

Which is better as far as cooking down the bones--a crock pot or a
pressure cooker?

I am planning to buy one of these because I have been making my CG
without the bones.

As far as pressure cookers go, do you need a really good, expensive one,
or will any one do?  If it makes a difference, please recommend brand, as
I've never used one and know nothing about them.  I've never used a crock
pot either, but that seems less dangerous.

Is it possible to just remove the chicken and cook the bones for a longer
time in a regular pot?

I don't know if I'd ever use either a crock pot or pressure cooker, other
than for CG, and since I have only one furkid, it won't be that often.
So I'd rather not spend a lot of money, if possible.

In the meantime, I assume that even without the bones, Chicken Gravy is a
good addition to my ferret's diet.  He also eats kibble, but prefers CG,
cooked chicken (especially breaded) and egg yolks, all of which he gets
pretty regularly.

What do you food experts think about feeding ferrets canned cat food as
an additional meat item?

Thanks for all advice,
Shron & Rocky