From:
Robin Hegge <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Jun 2004 15:11:36 -0500
Happy Dooks to everyone!  I have seen posters and such with ferrets and
cartons of raisins.  I have also been told that raisins are bad for
ferrets and to never give them sweets ever.  Most of the treats I see
made specifically for ferrets are those that are sweet, i.e. peanut
butter treats, dried fruit treats, etc.  I have also been told that the
meaty treats made for cats are OK.  El Diablo, my DEW has a sweet tooth
so he has no interest in the cat treats.  While I certainly do not want
to harm my babies in any way by giving treats that are dangerous, I also
love giving occasional treats for good behavior and/or for tricks.
(sometimes they are simply used to get them from out of a newly
discovered hiding place)

Can I get some input on appropriate treats for ferrets?  Will ferrets
develop insulinoma from too many treats?  What is your opinion?

Robin Hegge