From:
millie sanders <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Nov 2004 14:14:18 -0600
Our club which is the only ferret shelter in this area has been trying
to get Petsmart's attention also having talked with Jim Davis and are
now trying to get active.  We have been having educational tables at
Petsmart, they beg us to come.  We try for 2 in Ft WOrth and 2 in Dallas
per month.  Its a lot of work.  The shelter kids are not taken because
they are already in stress and depression from coming in here, don't want
them to go through more - the members take their own kids to show as it
is a treat for them to get out.  I already buy $70 bottles of carafate to
fight the ulcers developed from stress and depression .

We ALL need to work on this and not just the letters in hard copy, the
emails, the phone calls but when you go into your favorite Petsmart, go
to the manager and explain your position and that if they do start, you
will consider taking all your business elsewhere and if you have an idea
of how much you spend per month per year, tell them.  NOT just here in
the pilot area where they are testing to see how they will do ESPECIALLY
AT CHRISTMAS TIME.  but everywhere.  Get the world out there will be
repercussions everywhere if they do this.  Even Maine, or Oregon or New
Mexico or Florida.  Cause if it passes here, you are going to see it come
to your state.

Millie and her Exploding Drinking it up Cleaningcrew
Ferret Lovers Club of Texas