From:
"Ferret Aid Society..." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Jan 1999 19:04:57 -0500
Today (Monday) our Bandit-O has left us.  I kept him as long as I did,
hoping and wishing that someday I would see him war dance and play.  I
never got that chance, but I am very glad that Bandit's last days were
with me.

Bandit's real mom had him declawed.  When complications arose a few years
ago with his feet, she decided she didn't want to deal with it.  Bandit's
feet started to swell and his mother didn't feel his life was important
enough to find out why.

After having Bandit for 6.5 years, Bandit's mom lay him in my arms and
walked out my door.  I held the scared and helpless boy in my arms as she
left, and I held him while he died.  This should have been his mother's
job.

Bandit had a very rare form of Cancer that only affected his skin.  There
was nothing anyone could have done for him except love him until he
crossed.  His mother should have been there.  No amount of money or time I
spent with him could have made up for the loss he felt as his mother walked
out my door.  In the short 3 months I had Bandit, I loved him like he was
mine.

It was with your generosity Bandit was able to live at the shelter for so
long and in such comfort.  I thank you for allowing me to do that with him.

The Ferret Aid Society
http://home.echo-on.net/~magick

Harley T-shirts are here!  $36 US $46 Can.  for a beautifully embroidered
Harley T.

http://www.igive.com/html/ssi.cfm?cid=1383&mid=43897
click here to raise funds for the ferrets,
just by using your mouse!